RE: Local History List Serve: re-enactors

Borkowski, Kathy L - WHS (Kathy.Borkowski@wisconsinhistory.org)
Thu, 24 Apr 2008 13:59:07 -0500

Subject: RE: Local History List Serve: re-enactors
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 13:59:07 -0500
From: "Borkowski, Kathy L - WHS" <Kathy.Borkowski@wisconsinhistory.org>

Many authors of books published by the Wisconsin Historical Society Press are also available for presentations. A partial list appears at this link http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/whspress/speakers.asp, but the list of authors is continually growing.

For more about books published by the Wisconsin Historical Society Press see: http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/whspress/ .

For more information email: whspress@wisconsinhistory.org or call 608-264-6465.

If you are looking for an engaging presenter during late June through mid-July, we have just published "Finding Josie" by Wendy Bilen. This book is about a young woman's search for her grandmother and her roots. This book is part memoir, part biography, and tells the story of Wendy's own genealogical search through records, photographs, and family members to get at the story of her grandmother's life. Wendy lives in Washington, DC, but will be in Wisconsin for a few weeks this summer. This book is also perfect for summer reading groups.

For more about "Finding Josie" go to: http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/whspress/books/book.asp?book_id=322

Feel free to contact us with any questions about books by the Wisconsin Historical Society. We also offer discounts on our titles to local historical societies for their museum shops or to sell as fundraisers.

Kathy Borkowski

Wisconsin Historical Society Press

________________________________

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Seymour, Janet I - WHS Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 12:09 PM To: Pioneer Village; localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: RE: Local History List Serve: re-enactors

If there are others who would like to compile a list of local history presenters, I would suggest that you send a list of names and contact information, along with a brief description, to the list serve. I can compile the list and make it available to those who are interested.

There are a few other options for finding speakers and new ideas for programs, too.

1. A list of WI folk artists can be found on the Arts Board website: http://artsboard.wisconsin.gov/static/folkdir/index.htm

2. Wisconsin Humanities Council Speakers Bureau information can be found here:

http://www.wisconsinhumanities.org/speakers.html

3. Visit http://www.portalwisconsin.org/ to post or browse events, and locate resources state-wide.

Janet

Janet Seymour

Field Services Representative - Northern Region

Wisconsin Historical Society