[SPAM] Funding for presenters

Matthew Carpenter (Matt@FoxValleyHistory.org)
Fri, 25 Apr 2008 12:33:35 -0500

Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 12:33:35 -0500
From: Matthew Carpenter <Matt@FoxValleyHistory.org>
Subject: [SPAM] Funding for presenters

    Dear Greg: I continue to think our community would enjoy hearing you talk about about environmentalism in the Fox Valley. Have you developed a talk based on your book? If you have are you interested in presenting here at the History Museum? I'd gladly do the grant application to the Wisconsin Center for the Book. It is a modest honorarium but you'd get the full $300. Let me know what you think. Best, Matt Carpenter The History Museum at the Castle Appleton, WI

The Wisconsin Center for the Book will award up to four grants of $300 each to qualifying organizations wishing to sponsor a Wisconsin author or illustrator at a public event. The event must be open to the public and free of charge.

The grants are made possible through the cooperation of the Wisconsin Academy of Sciences, Arts and Letters and the generosity of donors.

Wisconsin nonprofit organizations interested in books and reading are eligible to apply. Collaboration among groups is preferred. Such groups may include, but are not limited to, public libraries; public and private elementary, secondary, and post-secondary schools; community organizations; and places of worship. Libraries are encouraged to look beyond their Friends groups for partnerships.

Applications may be obtained by clicking here
<http://wisconsinacademy.pmailus.com/pmailweb/ct?d=E8So2wGhABMAAAQTAAHX-g>.

Timeline:

    * July 1, 2008: Applications due; if mailed, they must be postmarked
      on or before this date.
    * July 30, 2008: Winners will be notified by this date.
    * September 1, 2008 - April 30, 2009: Programs must be scheduled
      between these dates. A final report must be submitted within 10
      days of the event or the honorarium will be forfeited.

More information may be obtained by calling Sarah McGowan, WAIS 2008-09 Chair. Please contact her at 920-748-2784 or windsong@centurytel.net
<mailto:windsong@centurytel.net>.