Events

Roy Ostenso (dchs@dunnhistory.org)
Wed, 7 May 2008 09:39:04 -0500

From: "Roy Ostenso" <dchs@dunnhistory.org>
Subject: Events
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 09:39:04 -0500

Schulman Art Retrospective Exhibit Silent Auction

The Dunn County Historical Society announces a Silent Auction of original art to be held the last two weeks of the Schulman Art Retrospective Exhibit, beginning on Sunday May 11, 2008. Bill and Shirley Schulman have generously offered to sell 26 of their pieces on display in a silent auction. A portion of the proceeds will directly benefit the Dunn County Historical Society and the Rassbach Heritage Museum.

Opening bid prices of the selected pieces is 50 percent of the original catalog price. For example, art work catalogue priced at $300 has an opening bid of $150. Bidding ends at 1 p.m. on Saturday May 24, 2008. Rassbach Heritage Museum staff will have forms available to make bids on the selected pieces.

Bill's works are created in a variety of media including encaustic, oil, drawing, collage, mixed media, print, and watercolor. Shirley's works are primarily acrylic, but include watercolor and fiber collage. More information about the exhibit can be found at http://www.dunnhistory.org/schulman/

 "The silent auction allows Shirley and I to help to support the Dunn County Historical Society," stated Bill Schulman. "It also helps Shirley and I reduce the number of art pieces as we transition from home owners to apartment dwellers."

According to Roy Ostenso, president of the Society, "The exhibition has been very well attended and has been a wonderful fundraiser for us. The silent auction during the final two weeks is wonderful way to close the Schulman's final exhibition."

Winning bids will be posted after 1 p.m. on Saturday. Winning bidders are encouraged to pick up their art work by Sunday June 1, 2008.

The Rassbach Heritage Museum is located in Menomonie, Wisconsin. From I-94 exit #41 South on State Highway 25, turn left on Pine Avenue to Wakanda Park. To learn more, call the Society at 715-232-8685, e-mail us at dchs@dunnhistory.org, or visit our website at www.dunnhistory.org.

Roy S. Ostenso, President

Dunn County Historical Society

1820 Wakanda ST

Menomonie, WI 54751