Re: Marketing affordable trips for families

Sauk County Historical Society (history@saukcounty.com)
Thu, 22 May 2008 12:59:04 -0500

From: "Sauk County Historical Society" <history@saukcounty.com>
Subject: Re: Marketing affordable trips for families
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 12:59:04 -0500

When we are promoting special events, we use portalwisconsin.org -the website that is affiliated with Wisconsin Public Radio, our local chamber's website and they send it on to the Wisconsin Department of Tourism. We also send to Madison.com because we are close to Madison but I'll bet almost every metropolitian newspaper has a calendar of events for their entertainment website. We also send to Wisconsin Trails and a local entertainment magazine called The Big Cheese http://www.thebigcheesemagazine.com which covers southwestern Wisconsin. If Discover Wisconsin is featuring your area this year be sure and contact them. They do a great job with their features and are fun to work with. They only promote in the areas they are featuring each year unless you pay to be a sponsor though. Mary Farrell Stieve Sauk County Historical Society P.O. Box 651 531 Fourth Avenue Baraboo, WI 53913 608-356-1001 history@saukcounty.com www.saukcounty.com/schs
----- Original Message ----- From: "leeplace" <leeplace@maqs.net> To: <localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu> Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 9:07 AM Subject: Re: Marketing affordable trips for families