RE: Taking still photos off a DVD

Historical (historical@buffalocounty.com)
Tue, 24 Jun 2008 08:07:26 -0500

Subject: RE: Taking still photos off a DVD
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 08:07:26 -0500
From: "Historical" <historical@buffalocounty.com>

Sarah,

                Often, the DVD playing software that comes free with a pc does not offer that as an option (with exception of course). I had googled this topic a few months back, and there are many, many ways to do it, and usually only a few of them will work depending upon what type of computer and other software you are using. The easiest way is to get some software for playing DVDs that has this capability, unless you feel comfortable with playing with different ways to capture screenshots, etc.

Mr. Kelly Herold Executive Director Buffalo County Historical Society 407 South Second St. PO Box 394 Alma, WI 54610 608-685-6290

http://www.bchsonline.com

Make a Donation
<https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=historica l%4 0buffalocounty%2Ecom&item_name=&no_shipping=1&pbtype=donation&bn= paywiz4 mso-001.000&mrb=R-4VT64848FL959270J>

________________________________

This email was generated using the Payment Request Wizard (for Microsoft Outlook) <https://www.paypal.com/outlook> . Visit www.paypal.com/outlook to download a free copy from PayPal.

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Sara Steele Sent: Monday, June 23, 2008 10:02 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Taking still photos off a DVD

Hi

CGAHS just received a DVD made from films that a Coop employee made at various times over the years. We would like to turnt some specific frames from it into jpegs..

Can someone suggest software or other techniques? I've gotten far enough that I was

able to copy the DVD to my laptop. I also know how to pause and hold a frame still.

Thank you!

Sara CGAHS

smsteele@wis.edu