Photo copyright issues

Bonnie Van De Hey (b.vandehey@yahoo.com)
Wed, 9 Jul 2008 15:03:29 -0500

From: "Bonnie Van De Hey" <b.vandehey@yahoo.com>
Subject: Photo copyright issues
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 15:03:29 -0500

How does your society handle copyright issues with your photo collection? Each time we try to have copies of photos from our collection made for exhibits we have problems with the photo places (such as Walgreens and Wal-Mart) wanting to have a copyright release from the original photographer who, of course, no longer exists.

Bonnie Van De Hey

Wrightstown Historical Society