Re: Gold Star Exhibit at McFarland Library

dchs@att.net
Sat, 19 Jul 2008 14:11:32 -0500

From: <dchs@att.net>
Subject: Re: Gold Star Exhibit at McFarland Library
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 14:11:32 -0500

Thanks for your reply. It was actually her first husband who was killed in WWII--he was one of the last lieutenants killed in the war and she was in church praying in thanksgiving that the war was over and the military came to the church to tell her the news. They had one daughter together. My mother was actually from Mineral Point but we lived in McFarland for many years back in the 1950's and 60's. Her name was Virginia Wolff. Her first husband was George Berg. But I am quite sure she was active in the military auxiliary in McFarland. My brother was in the first graduating class from McFarland High School. I have very fond memories of McFarland but it is now so changed that I hardly recognize it. Thanks for answering my inquiry. MBJ at DCHS.