RE: Oil painting

Borkowski, Kathy L - WHS (Kathy.Borkowski@wisconsinhistory.org)
Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:47:17 -0500

Subject: RE: Oil painting
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:47:17 -0500
From: "Borkowski, Kathy L - WHS" <Kathy.Borkowski@wisconsinhistory.org>

For more on Barry Bauman see the Wisconsin Magazine of History article: http://content.wisconsinhistory.org/cdm4/document.php?CISOROOT=/wmh&CIS O PTR=49435&CISOSHOW=49418

Kathy Borkowski Wisconsin Historical Society Press kathy.borkowski@wisconsinhistory.org 608-264-6461

-----Original Message----- From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of James Slattery Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 1:05 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Re: Oil painting

Barry Bauman, www.baumanconservation.com, works from a studio near Chicago. He provides conservation services to non-profits at his cost for materials and shipping. The Montello Historic Preservation Society recently had an oil on board painting restored by Mr. Bauman and the cost was about $200 - very reasonable. His resume is impressive and he is a pleasure to work with. The painting was beautifully restored. We had a UPS store (in Middleton) pack and ship the painting and they did a good job.

Jim Slattery