List Serve - Board member question

Seymour, Janet I (DYKEMAJI@uwec.edu)
Tue, 21 Oct 2008 11:33:23 -0500

From: "Seymour, Janet I" <DYKEMAJI@uwec.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 11:33:23 -0500
Subject: List Serve - Board member question

Do other museums have a personal financial expectation for Board Members? F or example- the board is responsible to raise 30% of the needed income for operations every year or each board member is responsible for $2000 per yea r either through personal membership or raising the money from others. Thank you, Christine
----- Original Message ----- From: Seymour, Janet I<mailto:DYKEMAJI@uwec.edu> To: Christine Cross<mailto:hearthdirector@att.net> Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 10:47 AM Subject: RE: List Serve - New Updates!

Hi Christine,

You can just go ahead and send an email to this address. It will go out to everyone on the list serve, and when people reply, it does "reply to all."

Let me know if you have any questions!

Janet

From: Christine Cross [mailto:hearthdirector@att.net] Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 9:05 AM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu<mailto:localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu> Subject: Re: List Serve - New Updates!

Janet,
    I would like to pose a question to the list serve, how do I go about do ing that? Thanks, Christine
----- Original Message ----- From: Seymour, Janet I - WHS<mailto:Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org> To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu<mailto:localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu> Sent: Friday, September 19, 2008 2:39 PM Subject: List Serve - New Updates!

List Serve Members,

I have a few updates about the list serve - please let me know directly if you have any questions or problems!

Thanks, Janet

1. You can now receive messages in a digest form. Instead of getting each e mail individually, they will come once a day in digest form. This is a grea t option, but you will need to go through a couple of steps to do this!

First, unsubscribe from the list serve by sending an email to: localhistory
-request@listserve.uwec.edu<mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu>
 and type UNSUBSCRIBE in the body of the email (not the subject line, and n o other text should be in the body of the email.) Then, re-subscribe to the digest version by sending an email to localhistor y-digest-request@listserve.uwec.edu<mailto:<mailto:localhistory-digest-request@list serve.uwec.edu> with SUBSCRIBE in the body of the email.

2. Archived messages site - at any time, you can back and review past messa ges by date, subject, etc. at: http://listserve.uwec.edu/localhistory.

This is a nice option - you don't need to print out emails and you can quic kly pull information from the site.

3. Subject Line - Right now, this list serve software does not have the cap ability to identify each email that goes through in the subject line as bei ng from "Local History List Serve." So, as much as possible, we'd like to e ncourage you to use WHS or Local History in the subject line of your emails
. That just helps everyone know what's what! Thanks for your help.

Again, please let me know if you have questions or need help with any of th ese things.

Janet Seymour Field Services Representative - Northern Region Wisconsin Historical Society c/o Department of History, UW-Eau Claire 105 Garfield Avenue Eau Claire WI 54701 Voice: 715-836-2250 Web: www.wisconsinhistory.org<http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/> Email: janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org<mailto:<mailto:janet.seymour@wisconsinhis tory.org>

Collecting, Preserving, and Sharing Stories Since 1846