Re: appraiser

Deanna Wollin (dlsw@verizon.net)
Fri, 24 Oct 2008 10:56:40 -0500

Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 10:56:40 -0500
From: "Deanna Wollin" <dlsw@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: appraiser

The three historical societies I have donated things to always leaves it up to me to put a price on most of the time. A receipt is sent to me to sign saying I have donated whatever item. I am to return it signed to them, and add my own idea of the value to use on my taxes. They don't need to know. If they later have it valued, I've never heard of it, and I am active in two of the three societies.

The Antique Mall on Cottage Grove Rd in Madison, WI will give you a list of antique collectors if you want to contact them. They list the name, number and what their specialty is so you can call the appropriate person. I did have some of my parent's things appraised by a man from Sun Prairie, and he was there for about an hour and charged $135 last summer.

Good luck.

Deanna Wollin, Cottage Grove, WI