other funding sources

Lisa/Bill Lickel (lickels@netzero.com)
Sun, 14 Dec 2008 15:30:25 -0600

From: "Lisa/Bill Lickel" <lickels@netzero.com>
Subject: other funding sources
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 15:30:25 -0600

One other source of funding some of you may not be aware is working with the local fraternal organizations, such as Modern Woodmen of America or Thrivent. They want to work with non-profits and benefit their local communities. On Saturday, Farmington Historical Society teamed up with MWA to host a fund raiser for our cemetery restoration project. We made over $1200, which was then matched by MWA. That's a few extra headstones repaired. Our MWA representative went above board to be helpful, which saved our little group a lot of work and expense. Lisa Lickel FHS