Membership records in Past Perfect

Elizabeth Terlinden (terlinden@sbcglobal.net)
Sat, 17 Jan 2009 09:15:42 -0800 (PST)

Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 09:15:42 -0800 (PST)
From: Elizabeth Terlinden <terlinden@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Membership records in Past Perfect

Can anyone help with entering membership in Past Perfect? We have just gott en Past Perfect and I am entering the membership. Our 2 main categories are
 Yearly members, who pay by the year and Life members. In order to enter payment records, one has to first the create membership
, and enter the date the person first became a member. Without the date, I can't enter the payment. I don't know when many of the Life members first
 became members.
  Our organization goes back many years, and there are not accurate recor ds in one place before the last few years. I am not sure how to do it s o it will be accurate, especially since it appears that once it is entered,
 it can't be changed. For example, I don't want to enter John Doe as a Life
 member with this years or last years date, when his membership may have gone back for decades. Also, with yearly members, they may just join for this year and not renew t heir membership. Since we are a historical society and this is the data base we are now usin g, the information should be accurate. Does anyone have any advice on what they did? Thanks, Bettsy Terlinden Pewaukee Area Historical Society