Re: list serve - Stone Lake Area HS

Laurie Wermter (lwermter@library.wisc.edu)
Wed, 21 Jan 2009 14:50:30 -0600

Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 14:50:30 -0600
From: Laurie Wermter <lwermter@library.wisc.edu>
Subject: Re: list serve - Stone Lake Area HS

Dear Carol, there are four libraries in Wisconsin which are "cooperating collections" of the Foundation Center (which itself if located in New York City).

Each of the four Wisconsin cooperating collections have access to the Foundation Directory, a very large database containing info about the giving interests of hundreds of thousands of foundations in the United States. Librarians at the four Wisconsin libraries will be able to assist you with the database.

Here are the locations of these grants collections in Wisconsin--I hope one will be convenient for you to use:

L.E. PHILLIPS MEMORIAL PUBLIC LIBRARY 400 Eau Claire St. Eau Claire, WI 54701
(715) 839-5001

UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN—MADISON Memorial Library Grants Information Center 728 State St., Room 262 Madison, WI 53706
(608) 262-3242

MARQUETTE UNIVERSITY Raynor Memorial Library Funding Information Center 1355 W. Wisconsin Ave. Milwaukee WI 53201
(414) 288-1515

UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN—STEVENS POINT Library Foundation Collection 900 Reserve St. Stevens Point, WI 54481
(715) 346-2540

Regards,

Laurie Wermter Reference Department, Memorial Library University of Wisconsin-Madison lwermter@library.wisc.edu

--
Regards,

Laurie Wermter lwermter@library.wisc.edu

“Joy from Truth’s own glass of fire Sweetly on the Searcher smiles; Lest on Virtue’s steeps she tire, Joy the tedious path beguiles.”

[from “Hymn to Joy” by Friedrich Schiller, 1759-1805]