Re: List Serve - WFM Survey

Seymour, Janet I - WHS (Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org)
Mon, 23 Feb 2009 14:49:40 -0600

From: "Seymour, Janet I - WHS" <Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 14:49:40 -0600
Subject: FW: List Serve - WFM Survey

List Serve members,

The Wisconsin Federation of Museums is looking for feedback as they plan fo r their November annual meeting. If you would like to respond, follow the d irections in the following email.

Janet Seymour Field Services Representative - Northern Region Wisconsin Historical Society

Collecting, Preserving, and Sharing Stories Since 1846

Review past messages at: http://listserve.uwec.edu/localhistory/

________________________________ Please respond before March 16, 3009! The Wisconsin Federation of Museums will hold its Annual Meeting and Confer ence on Monday November 2, 2009 in Kenosha, WI. This meeting is a chance fo r Wisconsin Museums to gather for a day of networking, discovery and learni ng, plus it gives you a chance to get out of the office and see what other museums around the state are doing. This economical meeting provides a grea t way for the museums of Wisconsin to build community and speak with a stro nger voice. On behalf of the Board of Directors for the Wisconsin Federation of Museums
, I would like to invite you to attend this meeting. Many of you, I am sure
, are reviewing your budgets and deciding what stays and what goes. Often, professional development is one of the first things cut. The expenses relat ed to going to one of the national or regional meetings can be prohibitive for many Wisconsin museums. If there is only one meeting you attend, please
 consider making it this one. I wish to make this meeting as relevant and u seful to you as possible and ask that you take a moment to complete a very brief survey and email it to joanne.kluessendorf@uwc.edu<mailto:joanne.klue ssendorf@uwc.edu> by March 16 at the latest. I would also ask that you forw ard this message and survey to your staff/volunteers. The more answers we g et, the better we will be able to make this meeting worthwhile and cost eff ective for you and your museum. Thank you, Christine Cross

 1. What topic(s) would catch your interest and help you decide to attend WFM’s annual meeting and conference?

    * Fundraising
    * Collections/Archives management
    * Technology
    * Marketing
    * Programming
    * Board Development
    * Exhibits
    * Visitor services
    * Historic Preservation
    * Tourism
    * What is happening at the state/federal level that affects museums
    * Remaining relevant
    * Sustainability
    * Volunteer management

Please write in your specific ideas/topics!

 1. How do you prefer a meeting to be run
    * Everyone attends the same general sessions
    * One general session and 2-3 break out sessions in the morning and a fternoon with focused topic
 2. What type(s) of sessions do you prefer
    * Panel
    * Roundtable discussion
    * Point/Counter point
    * Lecture