FW List Serve : Development Director hired at Dunn County HS

Seymour, Janet I (DYKEMAJI@uwec.edu)
Wed, 25 Feb 2009 10:25:25 -0600

From: "Seymour, Janet I" <DYKEMAJI@uwec.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 10:25:25 -0600
Subject: FW List Serve : Development Director hired at Dunn County HS

Press Release February 25, 2009

Dunn County Historical Society welcomes development director

The Dunn County Historical Society is pleased to announce Shelley Stewart h as accepted a position as its Development Director. A native of Menomonie, Stewart welcomes the opportunity to preserve and promote Menomonie's rich h istory.

Ms. Stewart comes to the Historical Society from the Mabel Tainter Center f or the Arts where she held the position of Development Manager for the past
 two years. Stewart is also an active member of the Rotary Club, a Chamber
 of Commerce Member and Mentor, and serves on the planning committee for Le adership Menomonie.

"Dunn County is an amazing place to call home and I'm honored to assist in preserving our heritage. The Dunn County Historical Society has worked extr emely hard at preserving and presenting our history through their museums, exhibits and programming. This history will be cherished not only by my gen eration, but by countless more to come," Stewart stated. "In today's econom ic challenges, we can gain wisdom from our past. Our history is full of ind ividuals, families and businesses that persevered in the face of challengin g situations. Their stories are real and give hope and inspiration to those
 that will listen. The Historical Society brings something to this region t hat no one else can offer and I'm delighted to be part of this great organi zation."

Stewart's initial focus will be to involve local individuals and businesses
 in supporting community endorsed and highly recognized Dunn County histori cal museums: the Rassbach Heritage Museum, the Empire in Pine Museum, and C addie Woodlawn Historical Park. Additionally, Stewart hopes to increase sup port for traveling exhibits and educational programs offered by the Histori cal Society through granting programs and initiatives. Her first project in volves the next exhibit: The Golden Age of American Auto Design, which feat ures a collection of 1940-60's cars worth over a half a million dollars.

The Dunn County Historical society has grown significantly over the past 10
 years to become the largest museum facility between Madison, Wisconsin and
 St. Paul, Minnesota. During this time the society has added numerous perma nent exhibits and hosted temporary/traveling exhibits, moved a rural school
, and developed a popular Heritage Speakers Series, as well as tripling the
 size of the museum facilities. "We are excited about adding Shelley Stewar t to our professional staff. It is a logical step in our long term plan to
 increase our programming and service to the community," stated DCHS Presid ent Roy S. Ostenso. "Growth in service to the community requires increasing
 resources and Shelley's experience will help the Society move forward."

For more information on the Dunn County Historical Society, please visit ww w.dunnhistory.org<http://www.dunnhistory.org/>. To reach Shelley Stewart, please contact her at shelleys@dunnhistory.org<mailto:<mailto:shelleys@dunnhistory. org> or by telephone at 715-308-2178.

####

From: Roy Ostenso [mailto:dchs@dunnhistory.org] Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 10:01 AM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Development Director hired

Roy S. Ostenso, President Dunn County Historical Society 1820 Wakanda ST Menomonie, WI 54751 715-232-8685 Mobile:715-505-1110