Luck Museum presents "History of Photography" April 23, 7pm

Russell Hanson (riverroadrambler@gmail.com)
Mon, 6 Apr 2009 08:27:01 -0500

Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 08:27:01 -0500
Subject: Luck Museum presents "History of Photography" April 23, 7pm
From: Russell Hanson <riverroadrambler@gmail.com>

The Luck Area Historical Society announces the opening of the Luck Museum for the 2009 Season. We will be open Friday and Sunday noon to 4 pm and Saturday 10-2 from April through October. Luck is located in Polk County on Hwy 35 and opened its new museum in 2008.

Foremost Expert in the World on Camera Collecting to Speak!

Our new exhibits include the "History of Photography". We will kick it off at our monthly meeting, 7 pm, April 23rd. We are fortunate to have Jim McKeown present an overview of the history of photography and cameras. Jim has been a photographer all of his life and for over 35 years has been the editor of the world's leading guide on antique cameras. Now in its 12th edition, the book weighs in at over 6 pounds and includes 1200 pages of information.

Don't worry, you won't be required to read it. Jim will present a concise and interesting story about the history of photography and cameras. If you have any old cameras at home, you are invited to bring them to the meeting to show & tell, and to learn about the history and value of your classic cameras.

As one of the world's leading camera experts, Jim has been a consultant to various camera manufacturers in the USA and abroad. On several occasions he has given presentations to the prestigious Photographic Historical Society in Rochester NY, (home city of Kodak, Xerox, Wollensak and many other photographic companies).

Locally he is more recognized for his wildlife photography, and is currently working on a docomentary film about bald eagles. but that is another story.

Plan to join us.

Sunday afternoons, we will have beginning genealogy sessions including how to use the Luck Library computer version of Ancestry.com to search census, land, newspaper, and thousands of other sources for free!