Museum visitor sign in log and donation container

Russell Hanson (riverroadrambler@gmail.com)
Sun, 31 May 2009 12:01:13 -0500

Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 12:01:13 -0500
Subject: Museum visitor sign in log and donation container
From: Russell Hanson <riverroadrambler@gmail.com>

What do you have visitors enter on their sign in log at your museum. We talked to a professsional fund raiser who said that capturing "follow-up" information and then using it to solicit volunteers, donations, was a very good way to get a list of people who were interested.

Do you ask about interests, suggestions etc. Right now we are mostly using it to count people through the door.

What works good for a donation container. Our old red-wing crock with a wood top and slot definitely does not work. Do you have a sign that says something about donating? A handout at the donation spot?

Thanks Russ Hanson Luck Area Historical Society -- Our Museum is just finishing the first year. Our current temporary exhibit is History of Photography and we are moving to School history next.