List Serve FW: Your Place That Matters Could Win

Seymour, Janet I - WHS (Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org)
Wed, 15 Jul 2009 15:22:44 -0500

From: "Seymour, Janet I - WHS" <Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 15:22:44 -0500
Subject: List Serve FW: Your Place That Matters Could Win

Janet Seymour Field Services Representative - Northern Region Wisconsin Historical Society Voice: 715-836-2250

Collecting, Preserving, and Sharing Stories Since 1846

Join the local history list serve - it's quick and easy! Digest version: Send an email to: Digest version: Send an email to: localhistory-digest-request@listserve.uwe c.edu<mailto:localhistory-digest-request@listserve.uwec.edu> and type subsc ribe in the body of the email (not the subject line, with no other text in the email.) Regular version: Send an email to: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu< mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu> and type subscribe in the b ody of the email (not the subject line, with no other text in the email.) Review past messages at: http://listserve.uwec.edu/localhistory/

________________________________ From: National Trust for Historic Preservation [members@nthp.org] Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 2:23 PM To: Seymour, Janet I - WHS Subject: Your Place That Matters Could Win

[http://my.preservationnation.org/images/content/pagebuilder/65344.jpg]

Celebrate the places that matter to YOU and be entered to win a digital cam era!

The National Trust for Historic Preservation and Fireman’s Fund Insurance
 are proud to announce the start of the Summer 2009 Places that Matter Phot o Contest. Submit photos of your favorite places — whether they’re nati onal monuments or right in your own backyard — and be eligible to win one
 of three digital cameras.

Entering our contest is easy!

1. Download our This Place Matters sign<http://my.preservationnation.org/s ite/R?i=MnmQ4GDfuGlq7hKJH2m9Lw..> — or make one of your own!

2. Take your photo in front of a place that matters to you.

3. Add it to our pool<http://my.preservationnation.org/site/R?i=exE9aPKz 97HRnnfyL7_1Ew..> of places that matter across the country!

You may enter as many digital photos as you wish between now and Tuesday, S eptember 15, 2009. Ten photos will be selected as finalists, after which a
 public online vote will determine the final winners.

The photo with the most votes will win the grand prize of a Panasonic Lumix
 ZS3 digital camera! Each of two runners-up will receive a Panasonic Lumix ZS1 digital camera, and all three winners will also receive a Sandisk Extre me III 8GB SD memory card.

To enter one (or more!) images, visit our This Place Matters website<http:/
/my.preservationnation.org/site/R?i=RhufRSZXDMsz83goQV6LVw..> and use our
 free photo upload tool.

Too often, places that matter to us can be lost in a heartbeat — sometime s even before we realize they will be missed. The best way to save a place that matters is to call attention to it and value it before it is endangere d.

Thank you for all you do to showcase the places that matter — inspiring o thers to protect, enhance and enjoy the places that matter to us all. And g ood luck!

Sincerely,

The This Place Matters Team @ the National Trust for Historic Preservation

P.S. The competition is open to all photographers age 18 or older regardles s of residence or citizenship, so long as the laws of their jurisdiction al low participation. Photo submissions must be uploaded by 11:59 pm Central S tandard Time on Tuesday, September 15, 2009. Please read the full rules bef ore entering<http://my.preservationnation.org/site/R?i=B1w2jdzBJ2TygA5pDm e5sA..>.

[http://my.preservationnation.org/images/content/pagebuilder/62374.gif] 1785 Massachusetts Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20036 202.588.6000 / 800.315.6847 members@nthp.org<mailto:members@nthp.org> / www.PreservationNation.org<http
://my.preservationnation.org/site/R?i=JGbyIXDr-ffCg_3GTMMCMA..>