Animal Powered Treadmill available

Monroe County Local History Room (mclhr@centurytel.net)
Mon, 9 Nov 2009 11:51:11 -0600

From: "Monroe County Local History Room" <mclhr@centurytel.net>
Subject: Animal Powered Treadmill available
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 11:51:11 -0600

"Get your motors running"...

Our museum is offering an animal powered treadmill recently deacessioned from our collection. It was manufactured by the Vermont Farm Machine Co., ca. 1890.

The piece is in very good condition. It appears to have been refinished sometime in its life.

It came to our museum 3 decades ago with no history attached to it but is believed to have been used in SW WI. We have since accessioned another treadmill with a direct Monroe County connection.

The wonderful piece of agricultural history is available for pick up to the first non-profit museum/historical society that contacts me and can arrange to pick it up in a reasonably short time.

Thanks,

Jarrod

Jarrod M. Roll

Director - County Historian

Monroe County Local History Room & Museum

200 West Main St.

Sparta, WI 54656

608-269-8680

www.MCLHR.org

PCA_treadmill3.JPG PCA_treadmill1.JPG PCA_treadmill2.JPG