RE: membership

Deanna Wollin (dlsw@verizon.net)
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 20:50:06 -0600

From: "Deanna Wollin" <dlsw@verizon.net>
Subject: RE: membership
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 20:50:06 -0600

Marshall sends out an annual letter to all in the phone book for that area. It seems to at least maintain the membership numbers. Pick up a few to compensate for the few lost.

Here in CG we have been putting displays in the CG Elementary School, the Glacier=Drumlin Middle School, and two in the Angelus Retirement home. We try to hold one meeting a year in another senior housing unit,plus helping middle school pupils 'make history' by prairie plantings, etc. at the new school, brat feeds which earn us a few bucks, plus puts us in front of the public, and participation in Christmas in the Grove, Open House to corespond with the Lions' Hog Day Breakfast, etc. Articles are sent to the paper that is supposed to cover our community, but is mostly Monona also help to put our name/work/local history out there. We have displays in each of the three banks that are refreshed periodically.

Our biggest problem is that since we have grown so fast in the past 10 years, there are many people who don't feel like they want/need to know the history. Hopefully, this will swing our way with our efforts. Too few people who have the time to commit to the society.

Good luck