NTHP Midwest Office - February 2010 Grant Alert - Wisconsin

Penkiunas, Daina J - WHS (Daina.Penkiunas@wisconsinhistory.org)
Mon, 3 May 2010 08:39:59 -0500

From: "Penkiunas, Daina J - WHS" <Daina.Penkiunas@wisconsinhistory.org>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 08:39:59 -0500
Subject: NTHP Midwest Office - February 2010 Grant Alert - Wisconsin

Deadlines for the 2010 grants from the National Trust for Historic Preserva tion are approaching on June 1st!

We have the following grant program available for projects in Wisconsin. P lease note that these funds are for planning grants. The costs associated w ith actual "bricks and mortar" restoration of a structure would not be fund able. Applicants must be non-profit organizations or public agencies to qua lify for our grants programs.

If you are interested in applying for this grant, now is the time to contac t the Wisconsin Field Office or the Midwest Office to discuss your potentia l project and obtain assistance with the application process. We strongly e ncourage applicants to work with our offices and submit drafts of their app lications for review and comment in advance of the deadline.

Jeffris Family Preservation Fund for Wisconsin * Provides nonprofit organiz ations and public agencies matching grants from $500 to $5,000 (typically f rom $1,000 to $1,500) for preservation planning and education efforts. Fund s may be used to obtain professional expertise in areas such as architectur e, archeology, engineering, preservation planning, land-use planning, fund raising, organizational development and law as well as preservation educati on activities to educate the public. This fund is targeted toward projects in small Wisconsin towns with a population under 10,000. The Jeffris Family
 Foundation Preservation Fund uses the Preservation Funds application<http:
//www.preservationnation.org/resources/find-funding/grants/pf/National-Trus t-Preservation-Funds-Application.doc>, available from the National Trust we bsite. Please review the Application Tip Sheet<http://www.preservationnatio n.org/about-us/regional-offices/midwest/additional-resources/Jeffris-Grant- Alert_Feb10.pdf> for more information on the application process and criter ia. The next application deadline is June 1, 2010.

Feel free to contact the Director of the Wisconsin Field Office, Frank Butt erfield, or the Wisconsin Program Officer, Genell Scheurell if you have any
 questions or require additional information about our grants. They would b e happy to discuss potential projects with you.

Frank Butterfield Director, Wisconsin Field Office National Trust for Historic Preservation Phone: 920-216-4833 Email: frank_butterfield@nthp.org<mailto:frank_butterfield@nthp.org>

Genell Scheurell Senior Program Officer, Midwest Office National Trust for Historic Preservation Phone: 312-939-5547, Ext. 37223 Email: genell_scheurell@nthp.org<mailto:genell_scheurell@nthp.org>