RE: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu

Mary Forer (director@marathoncountyhistory.org)
Wed, 12 May 2010 10:07:50 -0500

From: "Mary Forer" <director@marathoncountyhistory.org>
Subject: RE: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 10:07:50 -0500

Fauhn,

When a donation is brought in, we immediate have a Deed of Gift signed. Nothing is left without a signed Deed of Gift. On our Deed of Gift the donor is asked to check one of two boxes. One box indicates that the donor would like the items back if they are declined by the society and the other box indicates that we can sell or dispose of the items that we do not wish to keep. All of our staff and volunteers are instucted to make sure one of these boxes are checked before the items are left with us. We implemented this policy a few years ago and it has worked really well for us.

Mary Forer, Executive Director Marathon County Historical Society 410 McIndoe Street Wausau, WI 54403 715-842-5750