It's Daisy Cutter Time!

Lisa Rogers (development@historyisfun.com)
Tue, 18 May 2010 15:04:06 -0500

From: "Lisa Rogers" <development@historyisfun.com>
Subject: It's Daisy Cutter Time!
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 15:04:06 -0500

Contact: Lisa Rogers FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Washington County Historical Society

320 S. 5th Avenue

West Bend, WI 53095

262-335-4678

development@historyisfun.com

It's "Daisy Cutter" Time!

Don't miss the second annual Vintage Base Ball game, Sunday, June 6 beginning at 1:30 p.m. The Wade House "Dead Cities" are back to defend their win over the local team. This free event is fun for the whole family.

Base Ball (that is how it was spelled) will be played using 1860's rules and terminology. Learn about "daisy cutters" and "sky balls" that may end up in the "garden." Meet the "Captain, Ballests, and the Behind." "Cranks" (or fans) beware, as the umpire may fine you as well as players for less than exemplary conduct.

The Washington County Historical Society has partnered with Glacier Hills Credit Union for this special event. Glacier Hills President, Dennis Degenhardt put together a team of local players. "I'm excited about our game with the "Dead Cities" especially since so many people talk about the good ol' days of baseball. Well, this vintage Base Ball game is even before the good ol' days - going back to baseball's infancy and formative years. I'm hoping all of West Bend turns out to see us defeat the gentlemen from the Old Wade House nine."

Vintage base ball stays true to history and is played in a field rather than a diamond. The "Dead Cities" will challenge the local West Bend Community team in the field next to the Glacier Hills Credit Union located at 2150 S. Main Street, West Bend. Everyone is welcome to come out and celebrate the early days of America's favorite past time. Enjoy old fashioned treats and buy your chance at the 50/50 raffle. Prizes include cash, and tickets to Timber Rattler, Mallard, and other games. For more information please contact Lisa Rogers at the Washington County Historical Society at 262-335-4678.

###

Lisa A. Rogers

Director of Marketing and Development

Washington County Historical Society

320 S. 5th Avenue

West Bend, WI 53095

262-335-4678

www.historyisfun.com

Help "Capture the Past" with a donation to the Society

image001.jpg