Policy regarding interns - resources

Seymour, Janet I - WHS (Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org)
Thu, 3 Jun 2010 15:20:03 -0500

From: "Seymour, Janet I - WHS" <Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 15:20:03 -0500
Subject: Policy regarding interns - resources

Thanks for the good discussion on interns!

I've attached a couple of resources to this email, and also posted a link b elow. I encourage people to have an internship policy and handbook to help address some of the issues that you've raised. Planning and evaluation are an important part of the process.

There are two articles about internship programs attached. You can find a n ice example of an internship handbook at: http://www.museum-ed.org/filemana ger/interns/hpointinternhndbk.pdf.

Also, for those of you looking for interns, be aware that the UW-Eau Claire
 History Department has a public history program and we can advertise inter nship positions to a list of current and recent students. You can contact m e directly for more information on that program.

Thanks again! Janet

View past messages archived at: http://listserve.uwec.edu/localhistory/.

Janet Seymour Field Services Representative - Northern Region, Wisconsin Historical Socie ty c/o Department of History, UW-Eau Claire 105 Garfield Avenue Eau Claire WI 54701 Voice: 715-836-2250

Collecting, Preserving, and Sharing Stories Since 1846