WI OH Day: 2009 & 2010 presentations online, news on 2011

WI Oral History Day (treeves@library.wisc.edu)
Thu, 29 Jul 2010 09:32:34 -0500

From: "WI Oral History Day" <treeves@library.wisc.edu>
Subject: WI OH Day: 2009 & 2010 presentations online, news on 2011
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 09:32:34 -0500

Before the podcast announcement, a quick no te:

The UW--Madison Libraries will host the Wis consin Story Project and its Wisconsin Story Booth inside Memorial Library (west corridor, meaning no need to show ID to get to it) from Monday, Augus t 23, through Sunday, August 29. Wisconsin Story Pr oject’s booth is a portable video recording studio, and both WSP a nd the Libraries want to get folks, who were here in August 1970, to come a nd record their strongest memory, thought, or story about the Sterling Hall Bombing. While the WSP will use parts of these recordings, along with othe r archival material, to craft a future public presentation, the Libraries w ill archive the videos for future generations to use. If interested in volu nteering to facilitate gathering the stories, please contact me (Troy). If interested in telling your story, please come to Memorial Library between 9 and 6 on 8/23 to 8/29.

Now (and thanks to Ellen Jacks for her work on this project) we have 3 presentations, including Todd Moye’s keynote, online from this year’s 2010 WI OH Day. Goto http://archives.library.wisc.edu/o ral-history/news.html then scroll down a touch until you see the three podcasts. As you can see on that page, we also have a link to Stephen Sloan ’s 2009 WI OH Day keynote.

Finally, I have decided to forgo the 2011 W I OH Day event. Due to some changes around here, I do not feel I have the t ime to do the event the justice it deserves. I swear as long as I am here i n 2012 (and I do not why I would be elsewhere), there will be a 2012 WI OH Day.

Here’s to a pleasant rest of the summer t o each and every one of you!

Troy