Genealogy Seminar and Classes

Bessler, Lori B - WHS (Lori.Bessler@wisconsinhistory.org)
Mon, 23 Aug 2010 09:15:29 -0500

From: "Bessler, Lori B - WHS" <Lori.Bessler@wisconsinhistory.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 09:15:29 -0500
Subject: Genealogy Seminar and Classes

With the increased interest in genealogy via shows like "Who Do You think Y ou Are" and the use of Ancestry Library Edition at many public libraries, t he Wisconsin Historical Society and Wisconsin State Genealogical Society is
 announcing their fall seminar and classes that are geared to the beginner but valuable to intermediate researchers as well. There are a lot of optio ns for learning more about genealogical research this Fall. Online and lib rary/archives materials will be discussed to give a more complete picture o f the various resources available to the family historian.

See the seminar listing at wsgs.wetpaint.com<http://www.wsgs.wetpaint.com/>
. See class listings at http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/libraryarchives/class es/.

Registration forms are located on these sites. Please print these out and post them to your patrons as well as staff. If you'd like copies mailed to
 your library, please contact me directly.

We encourage library staff to look at the Ancestry classes especially. Thi s one class is being offered 4 times this Fall to accomodate more participa nts. The content will help librarians be able to assist patrons more fully
 with this product as well as many other sites that are covered in this cla ss. It tends to fill up quickly so get registration forms in as soon as po ssible.

Lori B. Bessler Reference Librarian and Outreach Coordinator Wisconsin Historical Society Library Archives 816 State Street Madison WI 53706 608-264-6519 608-264-6520 (fax) Lori.Bessler@wisconsinhistory.org<mailto:Lori.Bessler@wisconsinhistory.org> www.wisconsinhistory.org<http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/>