Re: Question old glass negatives

Vern Magee (vmagee@wi.rr.com)
Mon, 23 Aug 2010 17:11:58 -0500

Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 17:11:58 -0500
From: Vern Magee <vmagee@wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Question old glass negatives

I know just a little about them...someone saw some advertised on Ebay that were photos of the Lake Geneva area. I didn't want to pay what they were asking and waited until the bidding was over and eventually purchased them for half the price they were asking. This was recently and I have not had a chance to do anything with them. A retired local photographer said he has a way of printing them in probably an 8 x10 size. I intend to look at them closely and print a few. I know the Yerkes Observatory in Williams Bay has the second largest collection of glass negatives. I believe the Smithsonian has the largest. They have some framed between glass and they are quite attractive, however I have been told that could ruin them in time being exposed to the light. I think I will find some that I don't care about and frame them like that just for interest and display. If I get to this project soon, I will report about the printing and framing. There are always too many things to do, as many of you already know....

Vern Magee, President Geneva Lake Museum