2010 WI OH Day: Update on Wisconsin Story Booth & Sterling Hall Bombing memories

2010 WI OH Day (treeves@library.wisc.edu)
Thu, 26 Aug 2010 15:32:56 -0500

From: "2010 WI OH Day" <treeves@library.wisc.edu>
Subject: 2010 WI OH Day: Update on Wisconsin Story Booth & Sterling Hall Bombing memories
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 15:32:56 -0500

After a slow start on Monday, The Wisconsin Story Project’s story booth—set up to gather Sterling Hall Bombing  stories & memories and co-sponsored by UW—M adison Libraries (through its oral history program)—bustled with activity from Tuesday morning through Thursday afternoon. As of 3:00pm on Thursday, we had 55 recorded stories with 56 people (one couple crammed into the boo th to tell their story together)!

But we can always use more stories and your help. If you were here in August 1970, please consider dropping in and tell ing your story. We are looking for all types of stories from the day, no mo re matter how brief or how detailed. Or, if you know someone who was here a nd know they have a story to tell, please nudge them towards the booth. We have people staffing it until 6 today, 9-6 on Friday, and 10-6 this weekend . Then the booth will go away, along with your (or your friend’s) chance to contribute.

Two additional items: Parking is always prob lematic but even more so with students now moving into dorms. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes, and we hope you can find parking in the City of Madison parking ramps, including the closest one to us on Lake Stre et. (If you don’t mind the stroll down State Street, there are also parki ng ramps near the top of State Street and behind the Overture Center.)

Also, I test drove another way folks can lea ve their stories. If their story is less than five minutes, they can call m y phone number 608-890-1899 and leave their story as a message on my voice mail. They would need to leave their name, number, and mailing address, so I can send them a release form. So, if someone you know has a story but doe s not live in the Madison area, have them call me (after 4:30 in the aftern oon or before 8:30 in the morning will get them directly to my voice mail) and leave their story as a message.

If they would rather write out their stories , they can. And they can email it to archives@library.wisc.edu.

That’s all from me, I think. I reserved th e right to send out one more email next week with the final total and thank yous!

Troy