Arcadia Floods

Carol Berklund (brycar@triwest.net)
Wed, 29 Sep 2010 21:09:51 -0500

From: "Carol Berklund" <brycar@triwest.net>
Subject: Arcadia Floods
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 21:09:51 -0500

To all of you who called or emailed the Arcadia Historical Society regarding the recent flooding of our city , we thank you. Thankfully our museum did not have any major damage. We are located in the middle of our Main Street, our building was built in the 1860's so it is built 2 feet above the sidewalk level. The water reached the top of the step and ramp. Those businesses on sidewalk level received allot of water and mud. I guess being "old" has its advantages !

This might be a good time to mention for your historical society to make a emergency plan for your museum. We have a round-robin call list for volunteers. It saves allot of unnecessary phone calls that could tie up phone lines for emergency workers. Had we needed to vacant items from the museum, our volunteers knew exactly where to meet and what to.

Again, thank you Members of the Arcadia Historical Society