Wisconsin Archeological Society AAA/MPM Archaeology Fair

ksampson2@wi.rr.com
Sat, 9 Oct 2010 15:45:23 +0000

Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 15:45:23 +0000
From:  <ksampson2@wi.rr.com>
Subject: Wisconsin Archeological Society AAA/MPM Archaeology Fair

Dear WAS members and interested parties, The Wisconsin Archeological Society has been invited to participate in the AAA / Milwaukee Public Museum - Archeology Fair which will be held on March
 11th and 12th of 2011 at the Milwaukee Public Museum during regular busine ss hours for both of those days. Rob Nurre and Myself will be setting up a table with information about the WAS (Membership forms,what we do, etc). an d be giving out some general information about Wisconsin Archeology. Rob ha s volunteered to dress and depict Increase Lapham at our table. This next y ear will mark the 200 anniversary of Increase Lapham's birthday and Rob wil l be making a series of appearances around the state this next year for thi s bi-centennial to educate the public about Lapham and his important work i n WI archeology. We are in need of any volunteers from the society or other s that are willing to "man" or "woman" the table for the fair. The hours ar e from 9 am to 4 or 5 PM both of those days. It is great fun and educationa l, and there are many other interesting archeology exhibits that will be in volved. Anyone who is willing to help please contact me directly at ksampso n2@wi.rr.com or call me anytime at 414-405-4367.
 Thanks-Kurt Sampson Archeologist / Curator of Museum, Dodge County Histo rical Society - Membership Coordinator/ President Elect WAS