Re: Curled Photos

JoAnn (hallquist357@amerytel.net)
Wed, 5 Jan 2011 13:53:39 -0600

From: "JoAnn" <hallquist357@amerytel.net>
Subject: Re: Curled Photos
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 13:53:39 -0600

I have not yet tried this method, but a retired archivist suggested the following: Put some water in a trash can, then place another container inside the trash can. Put the curled photos in the interior container and leave the photos for a while. Then flatten the photos on a table with weights to straighten them. I will probably use some folder stock to help keep them flat. I'll be trying out this in the coming spring. Good luck! JoAnn Hallquist, Archives Chair, Polk County Historical Museum.