Re: The National Trust Announces SavetheWindows.org

Seymour, Janet I - WHS (Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org)
Mon, 10 Jan 2011 11:03:41 -0600

From: "Seymour, Janet I - WHS" <Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 11:03:41 -0600
Subject: FW: The National Trust Announces SavetheWindows.org

 FYI - lots of great information!

________________________________ From: National Trust Midwest Office [Midwest_Office@nthp.org] Sent: Monday, January 10, 2011 10:45 AM Subject: The National Trust Announces SavetheWindows.org

The National Trust Announces SavetheWindows.org

[cid:[cid:image001.png@01CBB0A5.977DFD60]In spite of what window manufactures sa y, replacing old windows is not an open and shut case. The National Trust for Historic Preservation is happy to announce a new social media campaign to help spread the word that people have options – choices – for improv ing the energy efficiency of their home’s windows. Savethewindows.org<ht tp://www.savethewindows.org/> is a site where you can learn about why retai ning your home’s existing windows is a good option over replacement and w ays that can help you maintain your historic windows.

Looking for ways to improve your windows’ energy efficiency? Check out th e how-to guides or find a repair workshop<http://www.preservationnation.org
/issues/savethewindows/your_windows.html> to learn what you can do. Also, look at the contractor guide<http://www.preservationnation.org/resources/ho meowners/map.html> to locate a contractor in your community. Already know of a great contractor in your area? Tell us, and we will add them to our co ntractor guide.

How can you help spread the word about the importance of holding on to hist oric windows? To start, here are four simple ways:

1) Share this short, irreverent video<http://www.preservationnation.org/ issues/savethewindows/> on Facebook, Twitter, your website, or by email. Di stribute it as widely as possible and encourage folks to pass it on.

2) Take action and tell Congress<http://www.preservationnation.org/issues
/savethewindows/tell_congress.html> to support the House Home Star bill.

3) Place these print and electronic ads<http://www.preservationnation.org
/issues/savethewindows/partner_with_us.html> wherever possible – in newsl etters, local papers, and on websites.

4) Forward this email to friends and contacts who agree that saving exist ing windows makes environmental and financial sense and preserves the chara cter of our homes.

If you wish to be removed from this distribution list, please reply with
“UNSUBSCRIBE” in the subject line.

Midwest Office National Trust for Historic Preservation | 53 W. Jackson Boulevard | Chicag o, Illinois | 60604 | Phone: 312.939.5547 | Fax: 312.939.5651 | Email: mwro
@nthp.org<mailto:john_cramer@nthp.org> | www.PreservationNation.org<http:// www.preservationnation.org/> The National Trust for Historic Preservation is helping to save diverse his toric places and communities. Become our newest member today! Learn more at www.PreservationNation.org<http://www.preservationnation.org/issues/dive rsity/>.