Re: Possible donation to a WI museum

Seymour, Janet I - WHS (Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org)
Wed, 16 Feb 2011 11:26:59 -0600

From: "Seymour, Janet I - WHS" <Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 11:26:59 -0600
Subject: FW: Possible donation to a WI museum

A woman from Wales is interested in donating a 1957 Wisconsin State Fair sc arf to a WI museum - please see her story below, and if you are interested,
 you may contact Ruth Abbott directly at:

 miara.re@googlemail.com

________________________________ From: Ruth Abbott [miara.re@googlemail.com] Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 5:44 AM To: Seymour, Janet I - WHS Subject: Re: Web Site Feedback

Thanks for your offer of help, Janet.

Here goes:

In 1957 I travelled to America with my mother, on the Queen Elizabeth,to vi sit family in Milwaukee. They took me to the Wisconsin State Fair where I bought as a souvenir a sil k scarf. It is a 30" square with a red border, an inner border of country scenes and
 centrally a map of Wisconsin. There is a large multi-coloured cartouche with Wonderful Wisconsin The Badg er State. The white map is surrounded by the blue lakes. It is further scattered with
 pictures of activities like water skiing and football and scenes such as waterfalls. All very gaudy an d consequently never used. It has lain in a drawer all these years and is in very good condition
. If anyone in the US would like it I will happily donate it - you can pay th e postage!

Just e-mail me or phone my UK no. 02920484959

Many thanks Ruth Abbott