Re: Item for List Serve

Seymour, Janet I - WHS (Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org)
Mon, 14 Mar 2011 10:51:20 -0500

From: "Seymour, Janet I - WHS" <Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 10:51:20 -0500
Subject: FW: Item for List Serve

The Jacksonport Historical Society is looking for a picture of the steam sh ip vessel Addie Wade. Joseph A. LeMere from Jacksonport, Door County, Wisc onsin purchased the ship in 1885 (some resources say it was built in 1902).
  Mr. LeMere used the Addie Wade for transporting lumber to the ports of Ma ckinaw City, Green Bay, and Chicago, and would bring provisions for his sto re on return trips. Joseph LeMere continued lumber freighting with the Addi e Wade until his death in 1914. After his death his children sold the Addi e Wade. It was purchased in 1915 by John I. Kinsey and Walt B. Davidson of
 Milwaukee and it was converted into a welding steamer and renamed Kin-Dave
 in 1915. In 1932, she was abandoned in the rive at Sheboygan and lies bur ied there.

We would appreciate a picture of the Addie Wade for our records.

Thank you,

Eileen Roberts Jacksonport Historical Society 4768 Hwy 57 Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235 Phone: 920-743-6415 jacksonporthistory@charter.net<mailto:jacksonporthistory@charter.net> www.jacksonporthistoricalsociety.org<http://www.jacksonporthistoricalsociet y.org>