Re: Designs for display boards

Shirley Mook (victorian201@gmail.com)
Wed, 30 Mar 2011 20:41:59 -0500

Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 20:41:59 -0500
Subject: Re: Designs for display boards
From: Shirley Mook <victorian201@gmail.com>

Barbara,

At the Thomas House Center for History in Marshfield, we have successfully used doors for dividers and display. Our door factory gave us seconds and then we finished them for our Depression Exhibit. When we changed to our Military Exhibit, I wanted color and did not want to paint the doors so we lined them and then primed and painted them. We anchored them on the top so there was no danger of them tipping. Recently, another company who deals with doors gave us more for display purposes.

If you go on our web site at thomashousemuseum.org then click first on "Past Exhibits," notice the picture with the hobo and you will see how we used them in the Depression Exhibit. Then go to the "Current Exhibit" and pictures 1,2,4,5,6 show how we used the same doors for the side divisions on each of those dioramas. We then mounted our text and pictures on these side panels.

For this exhibit we also built additional walls.

Shirley Mook