Save the Date!

LCHS Curator (lchscurator@centurytel.net)
Thu, 5 May 2011 15:51:44 -0500

From: "LCHS Curator" <lchscurator@centurytel.net>
Subject: Save the Date!
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 15:51:44 -0500

Save the Date!

Mannequin Making Workshop

Saturday, June 11

La Crosse County Historical Society

Instructor: Jeanne Nyre

Would you like to display your institution's historic clothing like the professionals, on custom-made Ethafoam mannequins? La Crosse County Historical Society is planning a one-day workshop on mannequin making for Saturday, June 11. Location will be in our offices at Main and 9th St., La Crosse, WI.

This course will focus on learning to make a custom mannequin for an historic costume. Participants will study how changing fashions in the physical silhouette affects the way a costume appears on exhibit; as well as the appropriate archival materials to use with museum costumes. Participants learn the process of carving polyethylene foam to create custom forms, and may bring one dress, or skirt and bodice, from their collection to make a form for, which they can take back to their institutions.

Cost and exact times are yet to be determined, but June 11 is coming up quickly, so put this on your calendar if you are interested, and email me to reserve a spot: this workshop has slots for ten participants, and only eight are still open. Lunch and materials will be included in the workshop fee, and as soon as Jeanne and I have figured out the materials cost I will send out a real flyer. In the meantime, if you think you might be interested, please call or email for more information.

Peggy Derrick, Curator

La Crosse County Historical Society

608-782-1982

lchscurator@centurytel.net