RE: LIstserve-Treasurer info

Cross, Christine (christinec@newlondonwi.org)
Tue, 10 May 2011 12:47:05 -0500

From: "Cross, Christine" <christinec@newlondonwi.org>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 12:47:05 -0500
Subject: RE: LIstserve-Treasurer info

Nancy, I used Quick Books's non-profit version at a previous position. It is a nic e program with a bit of learning curve, but once you understand the program
, it works well. The version I used was very similar to the business versio n, with some account name changes and a few other differences. Also, if you
 have PastPerfect 4 or 5 you have the ability to track donations, capital c ampaigns, etc. and might not even need to purchase a different program. Good luck, Christine Cross Director New London Public Museum 406 South Pearl St. New London, WI 54961 920-982-8520 www.newlondonwi.org/museum.htm christinec@newlondonwi.org Join the museum's fan club on Facebook!

-----Original Message----- From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [mailto:localhistory-request@ listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of nokelley@hshistoricalsociety.org Sent: Monday, May 09, 2011 5:13 PM To: Listserve Subject: LIstserve-Treasurer info

 The Howard-Suamico Historical Society is a small organization. We are curr ently looking at changing the software we use to keep track of our finances
. Soon, we will begin fundraising to restore a farmhouse and barn and the a ctivity for the treasurer is going to be increased significantly and we are
 concerned about how this will be handled to keep the best track of this ac tivity. We are currently looking at Quickbooks. Do you think just the regul ar business program is sufficient or should we be looking at a program spec ifically for non-profits?

 I would appreciate any help you can give us..

 Thanks,
 Nancy O'Kelley
 Howard-Suamico Historical Society