Help Needed--Aztalan Platform Mounds Step Replacement

ksampson2@wi.rr.com
Wed, 11 May 2011 19:18:28 +0000

Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 19:18:28 +0000
From:  <ksampson2@wi.rr.com>
Subject: Help Needed--Aztalan Platform Mounds Step Replacement

Dear Friends, Kurt Sampson (President-Friends of Aztalan State Park) & Lance Stock (Range r- Aztalan) with The Friends of Aztalan State Park Foundation have been awa rded a $6.000.00 Grant (with the help of DNR Archeologist Mark Dudzik) to r eplace the wooden railroad tye steps on both platform mounds that have been
 in place since the 1950's at Aztalan State Park. These steps have finally
 become deteriated to the point of being a major public safety issue. Somet ime in the next month or so we will be looking for help to replace these st eps. This will require of course physical labor to be preformed. If anyone is interested and willing to help-please respond to this email directly so we can begin to make a list of people who can help-It will most like take a
 few days of labor-we will provide everything-you just provide your muscles
. The Friends Group will provide a cookout lunch for everyday of work. (Kur t's Buying) We will try to do this possibly on a weekend so more people are
 able to help if need be. Also....UWM and Dr. John Richards will be on site
 conducting their advanced archeological field school excavations which you
 could observe. The Aztalan Interpretive Trailer exhibit is installed and o n May 22nd -Increase Lapham Day starts at 11:00 AM with the Wisconsin Arche ological Society co-sponsored pot luck cook out. Please Contact Kurt Sampson at 414-405-4367 or by email at Please Contact Kurt Sampson at 414-405-4367 or by email at ksampson2@wi.rr. com if interested in helping to restore the platform mounds.