Re: Available Mentorships - We Need Your Application!

Bernstein, Rick A - WHS (Rick.Bernstein@wisconsinhistory.org)
Wed, 18 May 2011 09:58:14 -0500

From: "Bernstein, Rick A - WHS" <Rick.Bernstein@wisconsinhistory.org>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 09:58:14 -0500
Subject: FW: Available Mentorships - We Need Your Application!

Good info from the MACC!

Rick Bernstein Field Services, Southern Region Wisconsin Historical Society

Collecting, Preserving and Sharing Stories Since 1846

From: Neil Cockerline [mailto:ncockerline@preserveart.org] Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 4:58 PM To: 'Ann Sinfield'; andrew.baraniak@dva.state.wi.us; 'Jenks, Ann B.'; 'Lori
 Pickell-Stangel'; 'Lovell, Adam'; anntaylor@wallace.org; 'Edith Blanchard'
; bob.herskovitz@mnhs.org; colfaxrr@wwt.net; 'Carrie M Ronnander'; 'Cross, Christine'; 'Craig Hadley'; cnwhistoricrrdepot@redfield-sd.com; 'Tom Garcia
 Curator of Collections'; c-spet@tc.umn.edu; curator@danishmuseum.org; 'Cla udia J. Nicholson'; 'Karen Duncan'; 'Edith Blanchard'; 'Eunice M. Haugen';
'Hesser, Genia S.'; 'Lori Holmberg - Dakota Discovery'; 'Hesser, Genia S.'; 'Lori Holmberg - Dakota Discovery'; history@co.crow-win g.mn.us; 'John Klungness'; 'Yearous, Jenny Dee'; 'Joy Beckman'; g.mn.us; 'John Klungness'; 'Yearous, Jenny Dee'; 'Joy Beckman'; jlundgren@w ashingtonpavilion.org; jim.moran@woodtype.org; k-droz@umn.edu; ; kastell@putn am.org; 'Thompson, Melissa E.'; 'Marilyn Merdzinski'; 'Milissa Brooks-Ojibw ay'; 'Nicolette Meister'; Mary.Huber@cedarfalls.com; 'Mark Ryan'; 'mary max on'; pfotenhauer_lc@co.brown.wi.us; 'Rita Lara'; Bernstein, Rick A - WHS; ' Sally Lundeen-Hoff'; s.mcleod@cvmuseum.com; 'Sara Summers'; 'Susan Hoffman'
; 'Van Dorston, Teri'; 'Yearous, Jenny Dee' Subject: Available Mentorships - We Need Your Application!

Dear Treasured Colleagues: I am writing to you as I have worked with you before, about our Mentorship Program available from MACC generously funded by the National Endowment for
 the Humanities (NEH). This program can provide you with 2 full days of co nsulting on any preservation project that may be appropriate for your colle ctions. This project could include anything from consulting on collections
 storage; writing a Long Range Conservation Plan; assisting in writing a gr ant for funding of a preservation project; assisting in writing a Disaster Plan; assisting in writing a Collections Policy; general consulting on coll ections preservation; training you and your staff on any type of preservati on issue; in short, just about any preservation project! There is a flat f ee for this service of $500, which includes all travel expenses, the full 2
 days of consulting and any follow-up necessary via telephone, e-mail, etc.
  The only projects that this program does not cover is the actual writing of reports, including general assessment reports, rather this program is de signed to provide you with consulting services far below the usual cost for
 these same services. At this time, MACC has 4 Mentorships still available
 for the 2011 calendar year. Even if you have received one of our Mentorsh ips before, you are still eligible for another one! We have not had our us ual number of applicants for this program and I imagine that it may be due to the present economic conditions that we are all facing. However, if we do not have enough Mentorships for this year, it's going to be a difficult
"sell" to the NEH for future funding for this program! With this said, I h ope that you will consider how you might be able to use and benefit from 2 days of preservation/conservation consulting and go ahead and apply for thi s program as soon as possible. The application process is simple and can b e found on our web site www.preserveart.org<http://www.preserveart.org> or you can call me directly to discuss any possible projects. Since we would like to get these final 4 Mentorships scheduled, they will be available on a first come, first served basis based upon the order that completed applic ations are received! If you have any questions or need any additional info rmation, please do not hesitate to contact me at your earliest convenience!

Best regards,

Neil

Neil C. Cockerline Director of Preservation Services Midwest Art Conservation Center 2400 Third Avenue South Minneapolis, MN 55404 Telephone:
(612)870-3210 Direct
(612)870-3128 Assistant
(612)870-3120 Main Office E-mail: ncockerline@preserveart.org<mailto:ncockerline@preserveart.org> Web: www.preserveart.org<http://www.preserveart.org>

The Midwest Art Conservation Center (MACC) is a non-profit regional center dedicated to the preservation and treatment of art and artifacts. We provid e treatment, education and training for museums, historical societies, libr aries, other cultural institutions and the public.