RE: digital microfilm scanners

Bessler, Lori B - WHS (Lori.Bessler@wisconsinhistory.org)
Thu, 9 Jun 2011 12:32:11 -0500

From: "Bessler, Lori B - WHS" <Lori.Bessler@wisconsinhistory.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 12:32:11 -0500
Subject: RE: digital microfilm scanners

Hi Jarrod,

We have 8 of the ScanPro 2000 microfilm scanners. We are enthusiastically pleased with these scanners! We used to have the ST Imaging equipment and it pales so much in comparison.

In 2009, we had ST Imaging, Naviant (used to be More Than Micrographics/Min olta) and E-Image Data bring in their scanners for demos and testing by our
 staff and volunteers. The ScanPro 2000 came ahead by miles for durability
, ease of use and practical options. E-Image staff has been wonderful to w ork with. We've had only a few small issues come up and they have helped u s along the way. One was just a top glass being forced up by a patron.

We just got their upgrade and they helped us through it all. This company is wonderful and their product is absolutely fabulous!

Take care,

Lori

Lori B. Bessler Reference Librarian and Outreach Coordinator Wisconsin Historical Society Library Archives 816 State Street Madison WI 53706 608-264-6519 608-264-6520 (fax) Lori.Bessler@wisconsinhistory.org<mailto:Lori.Bessler@wisconsinhistory.org> www.wisconsinhistory.org<http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/>

________________________________ From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [ [localhistory-request@listser ve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Monroe County Local History Room [ve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Monroe County Local History Room [mclhr@centuryte l.net] Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2011 8:43 AM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: digital microfilm scanners

Hello everyone.

We are looking to replace an obsolete analog microfilm reader with a microf ilm scanner. I would greatly appreciate knowing what you use. Do any of y ou use the:

--ST ViewScan
--ScanPro 2000
--other?

Any opinions on microfilm scanners?

Thanks,

Jarrod M. Roll

Director - County Historian

Monroe County Local History Room & Museum

200 West Main St.

Sparta, WI 54656

608-269-8680

MCLHR@centurytel.net