Help Save the Milwaukee VA National Soldiers Home for Tomorrow!

Dawn McCarthy (dawnhmcc@gmail.com)
Thu, 16 Jun 2011 13:25:17 -0500

Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 13:25:17 -0500
Subject: Help Save the Milwaukee VA National Soldiers Home for Tomorrow!
From: Dawn McCarthy <dawnhmcc@gmail.com>

 *VOTE FOR MPA TODAY! *

*HELP SAVE THE MILWAUKEE VA NATIONAL SOLDIERS HOME FOR TOMORROW*

**

****

Yesterday's announcement that the Milwaukee VA National Soldiers Home Historic District has been listed on the National Trust for Historic Preservation's 11 Most Endangered<http://www.preservationnation.org/travel-and-sites/sites/midwest-region/national-soldiers-home.html>list brought national attention to Milwaukee and the National Soldiers Home Historic District <http://savethesoldiershome.com/>. The significance of the site and the serious threat to its existence was featured in local<http://onmilwaukee.com/buzz/articles/soldiershomeendangered.html?26549>and national <http://www.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/06/15/endangered.historic.places/>news.

****

The Soldiers Home needs your help, and so does MPA. MPA is one of the 100 organizations that made the cut for the NTHP This Place Matters Community Challenge<http://www.preservationnation.org/take-action/this-place-matters/community-challenge/places/milwaukee-preservation.html>. With your help MPA could win $25K for continued work with the Soldiers Home. All you need to do is vote for MPA and the Soldiers Home. *Vote now!* The challenge ends June 30, 2011. We are running behind because we were focused on the 11 Most Endangered announcement. Now that's done and it's time to get out the vote!

****

*Click here<http://www.preservationnation.org/take-action/this-place-matters/community-challenge/places/milwaukee-preservation.html>
* to register and vote for the Soldiers Home. Help us spread the word by telling your coworkers, family and friends! Remember especially the veterans in your life. The National Soldiers Home Historic District is a tribute to their service for our country.****

Thank you,

Dawn McCarthy

President****

Milwaukee Preservation Alliance