Southeastern Regional Meeting--July 29

rtantala@wi.rr.com
Fri, 8 Jul 2011 17:30:20 +0000

Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 17:30:20 +0000
From:  <rtantala@wi.rr.com>
Subject: Southeastern Regional Meeting--July 29

From Renee Tantala, Wisconsin Council for Local History (Southeastern Regio n) and member of the Concord Historical Society.

Please note that the REGISTRATION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO JULY 25TH.

As the WCLH representative of the Southeastern Region, I urge you to attend
 our regional meeting. Remember, if you can’t or couldn’t m ake it to your own regional meeting, you can join us in Oconomowoc. My expe rience is that a few “outsiders’ help to leaven the discuss ion. And it will be a chance to make new friends and explore the local hist ory in another part of our great state!

To officers of societies in our region, please try to attend but if you can
’t (and I know summer time = busy time), please encourage members
 to join us. The regional meetings are for EVERYONE and this is an opportun ity to delegate an event to members beyond the board–because you ca n be sure that anyone who goes will thoroughly enjoy it.

For more detailed information go to the Wisconsin Historical Society websit e: www.wisconsinhistory.org/localhistory

Southeastern Regional Meeting of the Wisconsin Council for Local History

Oconomowoc, Wisconsin Friday, July 29, 2011

This year the Southeastern Regional Meeting is moving west, to our friends in Oconomowoc. Members of the Oconomowoc Area Historical Society are busy p lanning an exciting program and, weather permitting a fabulous lunch under a big top (tent).

We need your input at the meeting’s roundtable discussion. This is always a great opportunity to share what’s going on in our local so cieties–and to exchange ideas, such as fund-raising or membership r ecruiting tactics!

There will be a workshop on creating exhibits on a tight budget to help us improve our museums and outreach.

The featured speaker, Bill Marris, will tell us about “The Lake Cou ntry in the Civil War.” (I’ve heard him give talk on this s ubject and let me just say “Wow” because he knows so much a nd presents it so well).

Also, the Oconomowoc Area Historical Society’s museum will be open,
 with members giving guided tours. And, they will be displaying a very spec ial, surprise exhibit (no, I won’t let the cat out of the bag but i t will be a feast for the eyes).

The Wisconsin Council for Local History is now celebrating 50 years of serv ice to local historical societies. Sonja Ivanovich, President of the WCLH, is planning to attend our regional meeting and wants your input. What can t he WCLH do to better serve your organization during the next 50 years?

This is a great opportunity to network and learn from each other. Please jo in us. It will be a FUN time for all! Put this date on your calender and join us at the Oconomowoc Area Historica l Society Museum, 103 West Jefferson Street, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin.

Please note that the REGISTRATION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO JULY 25TH.

Oconomowoc Area Historical Society Information:

∙Society President for 2011 - Susan Bickler
∙Museum Administrator - Nancy Lins
∙Phone: (262) 569-0740
∙Email: oahs-m@sbcglobal.net

∙Visit the Oconomowoc Area Historical Society’s web site: h ttp://www.oconomowochistoricalsociety.com