Re: Underground Railroad

Laurie Wermter (lwermter@library.wisc.edu)
Thu, 25 Aug 2011 11:58:38 -0500

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 11:58:38 -0500
From: Laurie Wermter <lwermter@library.wisc.edu>
Subject: Re: Underground Railroad

There's a wonderful young adult novel by Wisconsin author Beverly Butler which uses the Wisconsin Underground Railroad and Wisconsin's role in resisting the Fugitive Slave Act as elements in the story--the title of the book is _The Silver Key_. I highly recommend it !

Regards,

Laurie Wermter Madison, Wisconsin lwermter@library.wisc.edu

--
Regards,

Laurie Wermter lwermter@library.wisc.edu

“Joy from Truth’s own glass of fire Sweetly on the Searcher smiles; Lest on Virtue’s steeps she tire, Joy the tedious path beguiles.”

[from “Hymn to Joy” by Friedrich Schiller, 1759-1805]