Re: Museum artifact insurance

Maureen Giese (renie.giese@gmail.com)
Thu, 15 Sep 2011 14:15:26 -0500

Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 14:15:26 -0500
Subject: Re: Museum artifact insurance
From: Maureen Giese <renie.giese@gmail.com>

I fully agree with Don Jensen's message. We at the Waterloo Area Historical Society have insurance for the building ant that's it. We have limited funds from the city, and fundraise all the rest of our budget. Our artifacts are priceless and no way can we afford insurance. The best we can do is "oversee" everything so hopefully nothing happens.

Maureen Giese, President & Curator of the Waterloo Historical Museum

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 12:17 PM, Don Jensen <dnjkenosha@wi.rr.com> wrote:
> I guess my question is two-fold. . . Why would a society insure its
> artifacts?   Do other societies/museums on this list, in fact, insure
 their
> artifacts, and why?
>
> I of course understand insuring your building, and your fixtures (cases,
> display units) and your equipment.    In case of fire, water damage
,
> theft, all those are replaceable, at a cost.   Insurance makes sense.
 You