Free microfilm reader available

Monroe County Local History Room (mclhr@centurytel.net)
Tue, 27 Dec 2011 11:03:34 -0600

From: "Monroe County Local History Room" <mclhr@centurytel.net>
Subject: Free microfilm reader available
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 11:03:34 -0600

Hello everyone.

Is your museum or library in need of a microfilm reader? We have a machine for you. Available is a Cannon PC Printer 80. This is an older machine that reads both 16mm and 35mm microfilm wonderfully. It was a great worker for us but now we are upgrading. Please know that it is a printer unit but has not successfully printed for us for a couple of years. We are not sure if it is failing to print because the toner cartridges we were using were faulty or if the printing mechanism is broke. The fellow who serviced this machine was no longer able to locate parts for the printer unit and locating toner was a growing challenge. I see now that there are some websites still selling the toner.

So, if you need a functioning microfilm reader that MIGHT be able to print
(with some TLC), this unit goes to the first historical group that makes an appointment to pick it up.

Thanks!

Jarrod M. Roll

Director - County Historian

Monroe County Local History Room & Museum

200 West Main St.

Sparta, WI 54656

608-269-8680

MCLHR@centurytel.net