Re: Are Some Buildings Too Ugly to Survive? - Room for Debate - NYTimes.com

Genell Scheurell (Genell_Scheurell@nthp.org)
Thu, 19 Apr 2012 20:17:02 +0000

From: Genell Scheurell <Genell_Scheurell@nthp.org>
Subject: FW: Are Some Buildings Too Ugly to Survive? - Room for Debate - NYTimes.com
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 20:17:02 +0000

Friends and Colleagues,

I strongly encourage you to read -- if you've not already -- the below NYT debate pieces that the SHPO included in last week's "weekly list". It's wi ll take less than 10 minutes, and delivers an encouraging set of perspectiv es on the value(s) of Modern architecture, as seen by both preservation adv ocates AND those that we've long considered to be kind of "outside" our com munity. The take-away, I think, is that many of "those" people are beginni ng to understand the many reasons why "we" do what we do.

http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2012/04/08/are-some-buildings-too-ugly
-to-survive

Best regards, Pam Pamela Hall O'Connor, Hon. AIA Preservation Practices Advisor, National Trust for Historic Preservation 471 W. South St., #508 Kalamazoo, MI 49007 269-342-4608 ppmarlborough@ameritech.net<mailto:ppmarlborough@ameritech.net>

"making time visible"