RE: Need Help Identifying Uniforms

Monroe County Local History Room (mclhr@centurytel.net)
Mon, 4 Jun 2012 11:20:28 -0500

From: "Monroe County Local History Room" <mclhr@centurytel.net>
Subject: RE: Need Help Identifying Uniforms
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 11:20:28 -0500

Hi Sara.

Looks to be an Civil War Union Artillery Shell Jacket. Try googling that and you'll come up with several images that look like yours. I would contact the WI Vet's Museum for confirmation as I am not an expert on such things.

Jarrod

Jarrod Roll

Director - County Historian

Monroe County Local History Room & Museum

200 West Main St.

Sparta, WI 54656

(608) 269-8680

(608) 269-8921 (fax)

www.MonroeCountyHistory.org

  _____

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Sara Nuernberger Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2012 12:49 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Need Help Identifying Uniforms

The attached pictures are of two uniforms that were donated to the Taylor County Historical Society. The person who donated them did not have any information about them because they had found them in the attic of a house they purchased some years ago.

Can anyone on the list give us any information about the uniforms?

Thank you.

Sara Nuernberger

Board Member

Taylor County Historical Society

Medford, Wisconsin

P1010961.JPG P1010976.JPG P1010977.JPG P1010975.JPG P1010974.JPG P1010964.JPG P1010967.JPG P1010968.JPG P1010966.JPG

These pictures were sent with Picasa, from Google. Try it out here: http://picasa.google.com/