deaccessioning policy and forms

Barbara Nehring (tradingpostint@gmail.com)
Wed, 5 Sep 2012 14:58:20 -0500

From: "Barbara Nehring" <tradingpostint@gmail.com>
Subject: deaccessioning policy and forms
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 14:58:20 -0500

Greetings from the Land O' Lakes Historical Society.
     We are developing a deaccessioning policy and would like input from other local Wisconsin historical societies ...such as primary criteria for deaccessioning, disposal of items, and notification of donors or donor's families and other things you have found necessary. What should we include and what are the pitfalls we should avoid? We would also appreciate it if you could share forms which you currently use. Thanks so much. Barbara Nehring tradingpostint@gmail.com