Shovel Testing help needed.

ksampson2@wi.rr.com
Wed, 17 Oct 2012 15:42:43 -0500

Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 15:42:43 -0500
From:  <ksampson2@wi.rr.com>
Subject: Shovel Testing help needed.

Hi all. I am writing everyone to enquire if there is anyone who would be in terested in helping with a phase 1 survey this next Monday and Tuesday, Oct ober 22nd and 23rd in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin. This phase 1 survey is taking place in the Waterworks Park in Beaver Dam, on Beaver Dam Lake. It is a bea utiful location to do work. This site was a known prehistoric site and a kn own early historic Winnebago Indian encampment site. It has produced artifa cts from surface collection and ground disturbance in adjacent yards and pa rk development many years ago. I am surveying this site to identify any pos sible intact features in an area of this park that has not be disturbed. If
 features are identified we would excavate next spring. The area for survey
 is about the size of 1/2 football field. This would be a great opportunity
 for any students to get additional field work experience on a site with a high probability of finding intact features. I will be working the site bot h days from about 10 AM to about 4 or 5 PM these two days. Help can come an d go as needed. I have the equipment needed to do the work. You just need t o bring gloves, something to drink, snacks, proper clothing for the weather
. Lunch would be on me. If it is poring rain we will not work. Can any memb ers of the survey here who is a University instructor pass this along to th eir respective students who might be interested in helping. It would be gre atly appreciated. Please contact me here with a response or call me at 414- 405-4367 if interested. Thanks Kurt Sampson