Re: Wisconsin Museums Week 2013

Seymour, Janet I - WHS (Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org)
Wed, 16 Jan 2013 14:34:21 -0600

From: "Seymour, Janet I - WHS" <Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 14:34:21 -0600
Subject: FW: Wisconsin Museums Week 2013

Wisconsin Federation of Museums is pleased to announce Wisconsin Museums We ek May 12-18, 2013 In Conjunction with International Museums Day May 18, 2013

The theme for IMD (May 18) and WMW (May 12-18) 2013 is “Museums (memory +
 creativity) = Social Change.” Museums are melding their core mission o f preservation with creativity in ways that not only drive renewal and visi tor growth but show that they make a positive impact in their community.

This year WFM is trying something new. If you would like to participate in WMW all you have to do is respond to this email (eengel@wchsm.org<mailto:ee ngel@wchsm.org>)!

In your email include your contact information (institution name, address, phone number, email, website, and contact person) and a brief blurb about y our activities during the week/day. Remember your events don’t have to m eet the IMD theme. You can use this opportunity to promote your wonderful o ngoing work. Participation is free and the information you include will be distrusted to state and local media outlets. For ideas and samples check o ut the list of WMW 2012 participants: http://wisconsinmuseums.org/wmw2012pa rticipants.php

Deadline for inclusion in the 2013 participant list is March 30, 2012.

Elisabeth Engel Director of Collections & Exhibits – Waukesha County Museum WMW Coordinator/WFM Board Member eengel@wchsm.org<mailto:eengel@wchsm.org> - 262.521.2859